Well it’s the day after Halloween and across the country everyone is experiencing the dreaded ‘sugar hangover’.
I went to the first couple of houses with my husband and our girls, but I had to double back to man the fort and hand out candy. We live in a hidden cul de sac and, although our neighbourhood was rocking with candy-crazy kids, our street was quiet and we only had about 15 kids stop by.
It was a fun night, but now we are left with our own candy and chocolate (on top of what our two motivated kids brought home).
- 3 cups leftover Halloween chocolate
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Add all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir ingredients together.
- Microwave 1 minute and remove and stir until blended.
- Line small lipped dish (enough of a lip so that fudge is about 3/4 - 1 inch deep) with wax paper (for easy clean up) and pour mixture in dish.
- Store in fridge to cool and set for a few hours.
- Chocolates that work the best include Hersheys solid milk (or with nuts), Caramilk, Mars, Snickers, Aero. Any good-quality chocolate that includes nuts, caramel, nuggat (ingredients that melt and blend well).
- Stay away from chocolates that have biscuits or wafers in them as they may soften when in the fudge.
- You can replace the 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips with 1 more cup of Halloween chocolate.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.