Every summer, we add new recipes to our list of ‘things we can barbecue’, and thanks to last weekend’s success, I can add this Grilled Pineapple recipe as well.
- Pineapple, peeled and cut into circular slices 1/2 to 1" thick
- 1 tbsp coconut balsamic vinegar
- 2.5 tsp lime olive oil
- Sprinkle sweetened coconut (optional)
- Remove the outside of the pineapple and cut pineapple into 1/2' - 1' circular slices and place evenly in a seal-able plastic container.
- Mix coconut balsamic vinegar and lime olive oil together and pour over pineapple.
- Sprinkle coconut over pineapple (optional).
- Seal container and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Place your pineapple slices on the grill for 2 - 3 minutes on each side and flip once they get a good grill mark on them.
- Remove and serve alone or with ice cream.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.