I have to tell you that I have been having a lot of fun making recipes up as I go. Everything always sounds so good in my head and in the end, some of them even turn out.
I often cook and bake by smell. I look and/or smell what I want to make, then I smell a bunch of oils and spices until I decide what will go together well. Much like this recipe today.
We had company over for dinner and I was asked for the recipe for this, which is usually a good sign that others like it too.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix avocado oil, garlic, paprika, and salt together.
- Add eggplant to bowl and coat evenly.
- Pace eggplant evenly on baking sheet, do not stack.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until browned nicely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- I used a Chinese eggplant because they were long and slender so the final dish looked like eggplant chips.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.