French fries are an easy go-to food in our house. It’s one of the few foods that even the picky mouths at our dinner table will eat and it is a great finger food (our little one still gets frustrated with her fork some days).
Being such a popular choice for a side, it’s fun to change it up a bit so it isn’t always the ‘same old, same old’. I decided to ‘#Modifry’ (see what I did there?) our McCain® Superfries Crinkle Cut for dinner tonight.
Before I decided on creating the recipe below, I checked out the McCain website for inspiration. They have various simple recipes calling for only one to three additional ingredients that will take your Superfries® to the next level.
Adding three easy ingredients, I created a side that both girls gobbled up (before asking for seconds), and it satisfied our need to change dinner up a bit.
- 1 package McCain® Superfries Crinkle Cut
- 2 tbsp Agave
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lay McCain® Superfries Crinkle Cut on a baking sheet (single layer) and bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, whisk agave, lemon juice, and curry powder in a bowl, set aside.
- Remove fries from oven and toss in a bowl with agave mixture until covered.
- Put fries back on baking sheet and return to oven for an additional 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve.
Mealtime is made better by the Superfries® everyone loves! Made from specially selected potatoes, canola oil and sea salt, Superfries® transforms any meal by adding an element of fun. Enjoy McCain® Superfries® on their own or as a substitute to your favourite side dish. Spice things up tonight and try our Black Pepper and Lime MODIFRY™! Check out www.mccain.ca for recipe ideas!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by McCain Foods Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of McCain Foods Canada.
Check out No Ordinary Fries: Simple Ways to #Modifry™ Mealtime by McCain Foods Canada at Foodie.com