Taking selfies is something I really haven’t participated in, but I’m beginning to see that I’ve been missing out. The closest I come to selfies is when I take pictures of my nails to show you my new nail art and colours that I adore.
Here’s an example:
This brings me to our Valentine’s Day festivities. P&G sent us a Visa gift card to treat our loved ones to a great day today and that’s just what I did. My youngest and I have been busy all day shopping, baking, crafting, cooking and decorating. We started off by making butter pecan mini cupcakes with icing, then we picked up some last minute parts to my husband’s gift from our girls. I got ready for the evening by using some of my favorite new items from COVERGIRL, Herbal Essences and Pantene, while our girls sorted my oldest’s ‘haul’ from exchanging Valentine’s with her class.
Then it was on to our dinner which was spaghetti from scratch with home made garlic bread. We decorated the table with a heart theme and cleaned up as we went. At dinner, we exchanged our gifts to each other, our daughters read out some prayers, we talked about Valentine’s Day, and my parents called for a chat.
Now, our girls are asleep and my husband is cleaning up while I quickly come in here to finish off this post, and to say thank you to P&G for thoughtfully thinking of us. We had a fantastic time and I’m signing off to enjoy a show with my husband (House of Cards is back on Netflix and we can’t wait), but not before I show you some of my favourite items that I am using right now.
Let’s start with a selfie!
Selfie: the art of taking your own picture with your phone, sometimes with something of importance in the background, but most often — not. The selfie has evolved from the classic ‘duck face’ pose to the ‘open mouthed exaggerated smile’ or the simple ‘smile’ pose.
And now for my favourites. Working with P&G as an ambassador is really wonderful. I get to use products that I have always used and I get to try out some new ones. Here are my top items that I am using constantly right now when I am getting ready to go out:
- COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadows in Scorching Cocoa #355 and Melted Caramel #330
- Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Shampoo & Conditioner – I have also gotten complements from an overnight guest that they love this too.
- Pantene Hairspray Flexible Hold – It’s pretty lightweight and I don’t need a lot of stiffness in my look. Just enough to keep it out of my face some times.
- Herbal Essences Curl Silkening Detangler – I use this when I am going to use my flat iron and/or blow dryer more than I normally would.
- Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Luv Bug #245 – This is great on its own or to enhance a lipstick colour and provide some good moisture.
- Pantene Expert Pro-V Advanced+ Keratin Repair Oil Mist – My hair shines when I use this. You can use it on wet or dry hair.
Time for me to get back to my Valentine’s Day. I’ll be back with a P&G beauty giveaway this weekend. I hope you had a great day with your loved ones too.
Disclosure: I am a P&GMom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.