RULES & REGULATIONS
No purchase necessary to participate.
While everyone, regardless of their location, is welcome to join in on our Twitter parties, This Bird’s Day’s Monthly Throwback Thursday Twitter Parties (“Contest”) are open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec who have reached the age of 18 years at the time of entry and have RSVP’d at (http://www.thisbirdsday.com/throwback-thursday-twitter-party/). Employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of This Bird’s Day or the party sponsor that will be disclosed on the RSVP link (the “Sponsor”), or its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising or promotion agencies, paid participants, and the Contest judges (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are eligible to participate but are not eligible to win a prize.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Twitter is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to This Bird’s Day and not Twitter.
The entry period begins on November 6th, 2014 at 8:00PM Eastern Time (ET) and ends on November 6th, 2014 at 9:00PM ET (the “Entry Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
Current Twitter users enter by answering questions during the entry period. You can only win one secondary prize during the party. Where a grand prize is awarded, everyone who is eligible as per our Eligibility criteria above will be eligible to win based on the criteria laid out in these rules.
Answers can be posted on Twitter and posting a Tweet during the Entry Period with the hashtag #TBTwTBD. The #TBTwTBD hashtag must be included in your tweet (entry) to deem it valid. You can only use one (1) Twitter account to enter the Contest. The Contest Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries. The Sponsor may disqualify an entrant for any reason, in its sole discretion.
By participating in the contest, each entrant and selected winner agrees:
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of This Bird’s Day,
- to release and hold harmless This Bird’s Day, the contest sponsor, and anyone else affiliated with the delivery of the contest or the fulfillment of the prizing, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages including, but not limited to, claims/damages for personal injury, for property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest;
- to permit This Bird’s Day to use his/her name, address, city, province, of residence, photograph, video, or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation and
- the winner agrees to complete and sign a Prize Claim Form to this effect.
- The decisions of This Bird’s Day in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.
- This Bird’s Day and the contest sponsor listed on the contest entry form or in the giveaway post, shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or registration of Contest entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions, line failures of any telephone network, failure of computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online survey, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
- This Bird’s Day reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest.
- Under no circumstances will This Bird’s Day, the contest sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.
- grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his or her entry (and all individual components thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason without compensation;
- waives all moral rights in and to his or her entry in favour of the Sponsor; and
- agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
Prize: The Prize for the contest and the approximate dollar value will be listed on the RSVP form and; again during the Twitter party.
Prize is subject to the following conditions:
- Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The winner of the prize must fill in the ‘Prize Claim Form’ within 30 minutes with their name, email address, mailing address and telephone number, and must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
- If the skill testing question is answered incorrectly, or the Prize Notification Form is not filled in within the 30 minutes of the time it was awarded, then the winner is disqualified and the contest sponsor may choose to end the contest with no winner, or request that This Bird’s Day choose a runner up winner.
Prize will be delivered to the winner at the location that the winner enters on the Prize Claim Form unless otherwise discussed with the sponsor, This Bird’s Day and the winner. Prize will be delivered within 1 – 8 weeks of receipt of completed Prize Notification Form from winner. If you have not received your prize in this time, please contact This Bird’s Day at the email listed on the website.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No cash substitutions for prize will be permitted and prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Any federal, provincial and local taxes on prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income taxes applicable.
WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
The Sponsor’s designated representative will select some winners at random from all eligible entries and others winners will be selected based on a timely response to a question. Odds of being chosen as a selected Winner depends on the total number of entries and the speediness of replies. The Sponsor will Tweet and post the names of selected entrants from @ThisBirdsDay during the Twitter party unless otherwise noted.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must respond to the assigned account via Twitter or via email acknowledging the acceptance of the Winner Prize (as indicated in the prize notification Tweet) as awarded, and answer a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant must also accept a This Bird’s Day Prize Claim Form.
The winners must have RSVP’d at (http://www.thisbirdsday.com/throwback-thursday-twitter-party/) and including the hashtag #TBTwTBD in their tweet responses. If the entrant does not acknowledge the acceptance of the Winner Prize, Fill in and accept the Prize Claim Form, and answer mathematical skill-testing question before November 6th, 2014 at 8:30 p.m. ET, the entrant will be forfeited (and will forfeit any right to his or her Winner Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deem the next eligible entrant to be a selected Winner or release the prize back to the sponsor.