In the summer months, we spend as many days as we can grilling outside. I love the smell of barbecue and all of the sides that go along with it.
Sobeys wants to help you get your grill on with some fun recipes. I had the chance to cook up a nice dinner for my family and my parents yesterday using Sterling Silver Premium Beef, Compliments and Sensations by Compliments all from Sobey’s. The recipe I chose to make was a new twist on an old barbecue favourite.
Fully Loaded Potato Salad
- 2 lb (1 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into medium chunks
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Compliments Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sensations by Compliments Original Dijon Prepared Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 5 slices Compliments Naturally Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely diced red pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped green onions, divided
- ¼ cup (60 mL) + 1 tbsp (15 mL) shredded Compliments Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, 18 to 20 min. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and chili powder. Add cooled potatoes and gently toss. Add bacon, red pepper, 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) green onions and 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) cheese and gently toss again. Cover and chill until cold, about 20 min. Garnish with remaining green onions, cheese and a sprinkle of chili powder.
Per Serving: 1/10 of the recipe
7 g protein
9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat)
20 mg cholesterol
19 g carbohydrates
1 g fibre
2 g sugars
290 mg sodium
This was an easy recipe to make. The longest part was waiting for the potatoes to cook and after they cooled, it was just a matter of mixing everything together.
Everyone enjoyed the recipe. When I make it again, I am going to add a little more bacon for a stronger flavour, but I really liked it.
The beef we grilled up was a Sterling Silver Premium AAA Ribeye that is available at Sobey’s and it only needed a little bit of salt and pepper before grilling. The flavour was amazing and everyone was happy. Even my picky four year old told me it was ‘yummy’.
You can find this recipe and many more on the Sobeys website at inspired.ca.
Sobey’s wants to help you to make the most of your summer meals by offering a giveaway.
One lucky This Bird’s Day reader will win a $100 Sobey’s Pre-paid Gift Card to use at any Sobey’s location across Canada.
To enter: Go to Inspired.ca and look at the recipes, then come back here and leave me a comment telling me which recipe you would like to try.
Please leave a way of contacting you should your comment be chosen. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
- Share this post on Facebook (there is a ‘Share’ button at top and bottom of this post)
- Like Sobeys on Facebook
- Like This Bird’s Day on Facebook
- Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter
- Follow @InspiredRecipes and @Sobeys on Twitter (one entry for each)
- Post about this giveaway, linking to this post, on either your blog or in a forum and leave me the link. (note: you must be the original poster)
- Daily Entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to copy and paste this into your Twitter page:
GIVEAWAY – Enter to win a @Sobeys $100 Gift Card to make your own @InspiredRecipes on @ThisBirdsDay at http://www.thisbirdsday.com/?p=5465 CAD only
This contest is open to residents of Canada and runs until 9pm MST on Tuesday, August 7, 2012.
Disclosure: I received a gift card from Sobeys in order to post this feature. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.