In May, OPI launched six new, limited edition nail lacquers and a Silver Shatter to celebrate the new Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides movie.
“OPI is thrilled to celebrate the latest film in this beloved series,” said Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides lacquers were inspired by a world filled with mythical mermaids, gleaming treasure, and high-seas adventure. With shades ranging from sage and lavender to khaki gray and pastel pink, these colors are evocative of a warm, tropical setting, with a classic nautical influence.”
I love all of these colours and they are out at a great time because these colours will look great on tanned fingers and toes. The soft shades are a lot of fun and capture the shades of the movie well. My favorite colour is Mermaid’s tears; it is a gorgeous blue-green shade and I’ve been thinking about this colour since I was 7 months pregnant. Now that I can reach my own toes, I can’t wait to get this colour on them.
The Silver Shatter shade is a shatter coat which means it goes on any dried OPI nail lacquer, and when it dries itself, it cracks to show the colour below it and this shade is made up of a two-textured silver finish.
The colours available in this collection are:
- Skull & Glossbones – Best light gray ever, no bones about it.
- Mermaid’s Tears – Few have seen this magical green.
- Steady as She Rose – This gorgeous pink is your final destination.
- Planks a Lot – Dive into style with this lustworthy purple!
- Sparrow Me the Drama – This cool, collected pink means business!
- Stranger Tides – Explore this uncharted sea of sage.
- Silver Shatter – A shimmering sea of silver with a two-texture finish.
Like all OPI nail lacquers, this line does not contain DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and they feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for a wonderful application.
This limited-edition Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides collection is available beginning May 2011 at professional salons and spas for $10.95 CAN (suggested retail) for each Nail Lacquer.
* I received some shades from OPI for free to complete my review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.