My mom used to make this recipe when I was younger and I haven’t had it in about 20 years. I came across her recipe and made a couple of small changes to it. My 3.5 year old helped me do everything (except use the mixer) and we had it last night as the dessert to our Easter dinner.
This is a creamy, light version of a cheesecake and it was just as I remembered. I love baking, but I tend to shy away from it during the hot summer months, so this is my new ‘go to’ dessert for those months.
No Bake Pineapple Cheesecake
2 cups graham wafer crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
1 cup milk (2% or less)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
2 envelopes whipping cream powder (approx 40 grams each)
1 cup icing sugar
1 8oz package tub cream cheese
1 tin crushed pineapple (drained really well)
- In a bowl, mix graham wafer crumbs and melted butter/margarine. Mix well enough so that the crumbs will form a good base. Press in to a 9 inch baking pan. I used a ceramic circular dish with a 1.5″ lip. Set aside in the fridge to set while you make the rest of the recipe.
- In a mixer, add milk, vanilla and lemon juice to whipping cream powder and whip it until it is thick.
- Mix in icing sugar and continue to whip.
- Mix cream cheese in to the bowl and whip until everything is blended together really well.
- Add drained pineapple and blend well.
- Pour mixture over your graham wafer base and even it out. Sprinkle the top with some graham wafer crumbs and refrigerate over night to let everything set.
This recipe is easy to make and is perfect for summer barbecues, showers or dinner parties.
Do you have a favorite baking recipe for entertaining during the spring and summer months?
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.