LEGO and Nickelodeon have teamed up to create the most fun you will have under the sea with SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Undersea Party.
We received a set to play with and feature and my daughter couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw the box since SpongeBob currently lists in her top 5 favorite shows.
Since the warning on the box indicated that it is not for children under 3 years old, we all waited for our one-year old to take her nap. Then the box came out. My parents were visiting so my daughter got to check out the set with her grandpa while we watched over their shoulders.
This set includes:
- 5 MiniFigures: SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mrs. Puff and Gary
- DJ table and speakers, merry-go-round, seesaw, and juice bar with ice cabinet
- SpongeBob’s house with ejecting bed function and Gary’s bowl
- Squidward’s house with music stand and art studio
- Miscellaneous items such as cups, torches, etc.
The pieces are organized in to four bags. Do not tear that bags open and combine them all as they are separated so that the small LEGO can be easily found and attached. Another tip is to have plastic seal-able bags on hand so if you need to stop and put everything away, they can be easily stored (and not combined).
This set has a total of 471 pieces and is recommended for six to 12 year olds. I reviewed the LEGO DUPLO a few months ago so I need to mention that these pieces are not that size, they are the smaller LEGO pieces, thus the higher age recommendation.
Our oldest daughter is four years old and I agree with the age recommendation as the instructions were to complex for her to find any fun in slowly setting up the scene. She ended up telling me that she loved it and asked me if we could put it away until she was able to play with it better. What can I say? My kid knows her limits.
I can’t wait until my oldest can play with this. It is so much fun and will be a great project for her to work on. This is a great toy for SpongeBob fans aged six years and older. With kids out of school for the summer, having something on hand that is fun while still focusing on imaginative play and fostering analytic thinking is a great idea.
You can find the Nickelodeon LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Undersea Party at Toys R Us for $64.99. You can also search Toys R Us using the terms ‘Nickelodeon LEGO’ to find all of the other sets in that collection (a couple of the other sets are good for ages 5 and up).
GIVEAWAY: One lucky This Bird’s Day reader will the Nickelodeon SpongeBob Squarepants LEGO set (ARV $65).
To enter: Leave a comment below telling me which SpongeBob Squarepants character is your (or your little one’s) favorite.
Please leave a way of contacting you should your comment be chosen. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
- Share this post on Facebook (there is a ‘Share’ button at top and bottom of this post)
- Like Nickelodeon Canada on Facebook
- Like This Bird’s Day on Facebook
- Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter
- Follow @NickCanadaTV on Twitter
- Post about this giveaway, linking to this post, on either your blog or in a forum and leave me the link. (note: you must be the original poster)
- Daily Entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to copy and paste this into your Twitter page:
GIVEAWAY – Enter to win a @SpongeBob SquarePants LEGO set from @NickCanadaTV on @ThisBirdsDay at http://www.thisbirdsday.com/?p=5434 CAD only (ARV $65)
This contest is open to residents of Canada and runs until 9pm MST on Sunday, July 29, 2012.
Disclosure: I received this set from Nickelodeon Canada to post this feature. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.