One of the most decadent ice cream bars to cross my path is now in Canada. Magnum made it’s debut in May at stores across the country with a total of six rich flavours and I got to try a pack of them out.
Don’t tell Papa Bird, but I tried them out at the beginning of May and although my intentions were good, I didn’t share any of them. I am totally playing my “I was pregnant and couldn’t control myself” card here. I didn’t eat them all in one sitting, but they were gone within a few days of getting them home. The little devil that sits on my shoulder convinced me that Papa Bird wouldn’t want one because he is lactose sensitive and the luxurious taste would be lost on Little Bird so that left me. How bad is that?
I ended up trying out the Magnum Classic which is vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate, and they were so over-the-top good. Each ice cream bar is covered in Belgian milk chocolate which gives it it’s rich taste. These bars are for those times when you really want to treat yourself to something delicious.
The six flavours available are:
- Magnum Classic: silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate
- Magnum Almond: silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy toasted almonds
- Magnum White: silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian white chocolate
- Magnum Dark: silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of 60% Cocoa Belgian dark chocolate
- Magnum Double Chocolate: creamy chocolate ice cream covered in a chocolatey coating, molten chocolate sauce and a layer of crackling Belgian chocolate
- Magnum Double Caramel: silky vanilla bean ice cream enrobed in a luscious chocolatey coating, rich caramel sauce and thick Belgian chocolate
A single bar has a suggested price of $3.99 and a box of three bars is $6.99 (SRP). You can find them in your grocery stores or where most ice cream bars are sold.
* I received a package of Magnum ice cream bars for free to complete my feature. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.