The Grammy-winning band, Los Lobos, has released their first new album in three years and they did it Disney-style. I got the chance to review the new Los Lobos album recently and I was pretty impressed. They took favorite Disney classics and added their own touch to each of them. Reflected in the songs is the rock/blues/traditional Mexican style of music they are known and loved for.
I’d have to say that my favorite song is ‘The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room’, mostly because of how Baby Bird shakes her head when we listen to it.
Here is the complete track listing if you are curious:
- Heigh-Ho – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- I Wan’na Be Like You – The Jungle Book
- Not in Nottingham – Robin Hood
- The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room – The Enchanted Tiki Room
- Grim Grinning Ghosts – The Haunted Mansion
- I Will Go Sailing No More – Toy Story
- The Ugly Bug Ball – Summer Magic
- Cruella De Vil – 101 Dalmations
- Bella Notte – Lady and the Tramp
- Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah – Song of the South
- The Bare Necessities – The Jungle Book
- Oo-De-Lally – Robin Hood
- When You Wish Upon a Star/It’s A Small World
The thing I like most about this new album is that they are songs that Baby Bird will listen to as a child anyway and it is a great way to bridge the gap between kids music and adult music. This is something that we can all listen to at the same time.
Lost Lobos Goes Disney is available everywhere music is sold.
*In order to complete this review, I received a free download of the complete album.