Well it’s the day after Halloween and across the country everyone is experiencing the dreaded ‘sugar hangover’.
I went to the first couple of houses with my husband and our girls, but I had to double back to man the fort and hand out candy. We live in a hidden cul de sac and, although our neighbourhood was rocking with candy-crazy kids, our street was quiet and we only had about 15 kids stop by.
It was a fun night, but now we are left with our own candy and chocolate (on top of what our two motivated kids brought home).
- 3 cups leftover Halloween chocolate
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Add all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir ingredients together.
- Microwave 1 minute and remove and stir until blended.
- Line small lipped dish (enough of a lip so that fudge is about 3/4 - 1 inch deep) with wax paper (for easy clean up) and pour mixture in dish.
- Store in fridge to cool and set for a few hours.
- Chocolates that work the best include Hersheys solid milk (or with nuts), Caramilk, Mars, Snickers, Aero. Any good-quality chocolate that includes nuts, caramel, nuggat (ingredients that melt and blend well).
- Stay away from chocolates that have biscuits or wafers in them as they may soften when in the fudge.
- You can replace the 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips with 1 more cup of Halloween chocolate.