This year marks the 25th anniversary of Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects which raises funds and awareness for organizations that provide kids in Canada with role models and mentoring programs.
Since its inception in 1990, the Boston Pizza Foundation has raised and donated more than $20 million to directly improve the health and well-being of children and families.
Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects partners include: Big Brothers Big Sisters, Kids Help Phone, Live Different, JDRF and The Rick Hansen Foundation.
This year, Boston Pizza’s goal is to raise at least $730,000 for Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects. I think we can help make that happen.
From August 31 until October 11, Boston Pizza has their popular Kids Cards promotion happening across the country at all locations. For a minimum donation of $5 to Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects, you will receive a Kids Card that is good for five FREE kids meals valued at $35 (when an adult meal is purchased).
Boston Pizza is our girl’s favourite restaurant to go to so these cards are a must for us as they save us money and we get to support a great cause. Our daughters like it because they get to colour on their menus, they get to pick from a variety of kids meals, and when it’s a special occasion they get the ‘fizzy’ grape drink. Their meal comes with ice cream for dessert, and they get to pick a little toy out of the treasure chest on their way out. What’s not to love?
Read on to see how the Boston Pizza Kids Cards help in our communities:
Big Brothers Big Sisters
- For over 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been making a positive difference in the lives of our nation’s youth by developing and delivering a wide range of mentoring programs.
- In 2014, donations allowed Big Brothers Big Sisters to extend and expand mentoring services into new communities and to youth who do not currently have access to mentoring programs. From Blackfalds, Alberta to Renfrew County in the Ottawa Region, from Yellowknife, NWT to Eastern Newfoundland, and many places in between, 1000s of young people benefited from the guidance of a mentor.
- JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research with a goal to progressively remove the impact from people’s lives through scientific advancements and policy influence until a world without T1D is achieved.
- BP’s partnership with JDRF Canada has helped fund the development of an artificial pancreas and the youth ambassador program which provides mentorship to young people living with T1D.
Kids Help Phone
- Kids Help Phone is a leading Canadian charity offering the only national professional counselling service that kids can trust and access at any time.
- Kids Help Phone has added adult tools and resources and youth online content to their website, garnering more than 4,000 visits every month.
- Live Different’s mission is to inspire and embrace a lifestyle that cares about people, not ‘stuff’.
- Live Different has helped inspire over 1 million students in Canada, through high school motivational presentations, with the message that their life has value, that they have hope for their future and that they can make a positive difference in the world.
Rick Hansen Foundation
- Rick Hansen Foundation’s mission is to inspire leaders, influencers and the public to join Rick Hansen in creating a global movement to remove barriers and liberate the amazing potential of people with disabilities.
- By partnering with BP, Rick Hansen Foundation has reached more youth through the Rick Hansen School Program so that over 500,000 students across the country each year can learn about inclusion for people with disabilities and how to make a difference in their local community.
These cards are available at all locations across Canada and online at BostonPizza.com, but only for a limited time because really, it is a great deal and this year, Boston Pizza is taking that great deal and raising the bar.
If you register your Kids Card with your MyBP account online, you will receive a sixth bonus Kids’ Meal. MyBP, is an online program that helps to improve your online ordering experience with Boston Pizza while also serving up great offers and promotions (like the Kids Cards). Signing up is free and you can create and account at BostonPizza.com. Once on the website, just click the MyBP link in the top menu.
Remember, these cards can only be bought until October 11. Then you need to wait another year.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.