This recipe was a big hit at a recent event I attended with London Drugs. Chef Hans Pinto gave me permission to post it here for anyone at the event and for all of you who might like to try something a little different when entertaining.
We are having a get together at our place near the holidays and this is definitely on our menu. Thank you to Chaf Hans Pinto and London Drugs for sharing this and giving me permission to post here.
- 3/4 cups Kale (sliced)
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 4 tbsp Shallot (minced)
- 4 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 4 wedges Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 4 tsp Truffle Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups 35% Cream
- Mince garlic and shallots and saute in truffle oil until translucent.
- Add sliced kale and sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with lemon juice and white wine. Reduce and add 35% cream.
- Simmer until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese and parmesan.
- Allow cheese to melt into mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and serve warm with bread, crackers or tortilla chips.
- London Drugs has a great three dip serving crockpot that is perfect for warm dips. This will keep your dip warm longer.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.