Joanie Leeds and the Nightlights are releasing their newest album titled I’m a Rock Star, today, March 23, 2010. We love music in our household. Papa Bird plays the guitar and Baby Bird and I love to sing and dance. I’ve never listened to Joanie Leeds before and we are always trying to introduce Baby Bird to a wide range of music (not just stuff we listen to) so I thought this would be a great chance to try something new, and I’m glad I did.
I have two favorite tunes from the CD. The first is titled I Wanna Be Green. The song has a nice country sound to it and sings about — you guessed it — being green. It reminds me of a really old song I heard as a child called “I’m Gonna Stand Up On the Mountain”.
The second song is called I Like Jazz and, right again, it has a beautiful jazz rhythm to it. The songs are a good length for kids to keep them entertained and the words and beat is very uplifting and happy. With the CD has a pull-out poster-like sheet that has the lyrics on it as well as a small introduction for each song.
Joanie’s picture is in the CD case as well behind the CD. I’m telling you now, Baby Bird only shares her snacks with people she likes so Joanie, you should feel extra special because after listening to a couple of songs, she tried to feed you her Cheerios!
Joanie has offered to give one of my readers a copy of this CD as a giveaway…
Just leave me a comment below with a way of getting a hold of you if you win. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
- Follow Joanie Leeds on Twitter. Please include your twitter id in your comment.
- Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can cut and paste this in to Twitter make it easier: ” Check out the new @joanieleeds CD “I’m a Rock Star” giveaway on @ThisBirdsDay http://bit.ly/dzwJz8 – Can/US “
- Friend Joanie Leeds on Facebook.
- Become a fan of This Bird’s Day on Facebook.
- Subscribe to This Bird’s Day (at the bottom of the page).
This contest is open to Canada and the US and runs until 12pm MST on Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
* I received a copy of this CD for free to complete my review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.