When I think about Gwen Stefani, I think ‘red’. Her signature lipstick and unique voice are the two things that first drew me to this icon when I first heard her sing on Tragic Kingdom in 1995. She has always been the celebrity definition of bold, confident, and seriously stylish for me.
OPI partnered with Gwen to create colours and textures that, themselves, are bold, confident and seriously stylish with their new, limited edition line that was just released this month at professional salons and spas across Canada.
Shown in the image above, this new line features:
Top L to R
- In True Stefanie Fashion – a fun sparkly lacquer with both small and large sparkles.
- Hey Baby – hey baby is right. This cream pink shade is memorable and it goes on so nicely.
- I Sing in Color – don’t let the picture fool you. This is a mesmerizing dark wine/plum shade and it is powerful.
- Over & Over A-Gwen – this red is bold and gorgeous, and is available in a boxed set, which includes Swarovski black crystals and silver, gold and pewter studs in bar, square, diamond and circle shapes for creating unique nail designs, as well as nail glue for easy application.
Bottom L to R
- 4 In The Morning – a beautiful black shade in a semi-matte satin finish.
- Love Angel Music Baby – a shiny gold shade, also in a semi-matte satin finish. I am not a fan of gold, but I love this lacquer.
I ended up creating a fun flower design with I Sing in Color as the base and Hey Baby in the flower colour. The white lacquer I used was from the OPI holiday line.
Also included in this line is the Push and Shove combo that must be applied together according to the instructions. The end result is a nice mirrored chrome metallic finish that does not need a top coat. The finish is not meant to last very long though and will begin to scratch and fade after the first day of wear. It is a fantastic texture to wear out though as it is very eye-catching.
Gwen Stefani by OPI nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWideTM Brush for the ultimate in application. This promotion will be available beginning January 2014 at professional salons and spas across Canada, for $10.95 suggested retail for each nail lacquer. The boxed set including Over & Over A-Gwen and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS will retail for $18.95 CAN.
Disclosure: We received some of these lacquers for this feature. Opinions are those of the author’s and are not influenced by outside factors.