Flute Sweet & Tickletoon are releasing their newly remastered version of their CD, Green Golly & Her Golden Flute on May 11.
Based loosely on the children’s tale of Rapunzel, Green Golly & Her Golden Flute is the story of a little girl who’s parents were starving. They were so hungry, they gave her to a witch for a salad — a salad! As the little girl grew up, she grew into a beautiful young lady. Boys took notice and the witch became concerned so she locked her up in a tower. You would think that to be a horrible fate for a young girl, but Green Golly loved it in fact, she wrote beautiful music about it.
Follow this young girls story, set to classical music by Bizet, Chopin, Copland, Elgar, Gossec, Mendelssohn, Mozart, and Schubert to find out for yourself if she has her happy ending.
As a lover of most music genres, I enjoy listening to classical music. It helps me think and I find it calming. We’ve been introducing Baby Bird to many different sounds and she also seems to like classical, at least the classical music on this CD.
I enjoy listening to this CD in the evening just before Baby Bird’s wind down time. The classical music is soothing and relaxing and it has the added benefit of a beautiful bedtime story to kick off Baby Bird’s night time routine as well as mine. This CD is great for kids between 4 – 10 years of age, but I find that Baby Bird gets some benefit from it (at 2 years old). She doesn’t find the humour in the story yet, but I do and it’s pretty cute.
Barbara Siesel (Flute Sweet) and Keith Torgan (Tickletoon) met in 2004. Since then, they have gone on to establish Tugboat Music and they perform over 200 programs a year for children and their parents in various venues.
If you are looking for a new CD to add to your collection, I suggest you pick this one up when it is available on May 11.
OR you can win it now – Flute Sweet & Tickletoon have offered to give one of my readers a copy of this CD as a giveaway…
Just leave me a comment below with a way of getting a hold of you if you win. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
- Follow Tugboat Music on Twitter. Please include your twitter id in your comment.
- Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway (daily entry). You can cut and paste this in to Twitter make it easier: ” Check out the new @TugboatMusic CD “Green Golly & Her Golden Flute” giveaway on @ThisBirdsDay http://bit.ly/dCyNWs – Can/US “
- Become a fan of Flute Sweet & Tickletoon on Facebook.
- Become a fan of This Bird’s Day on Facebook.
- Subscribe to This Bird’s Day (at the bottom of the page).
This contest is open to Canada and the US and runs until 12pm MST on Wednesday, May 5, 2010.
* I received a copy of this CD for free to complete my review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.