I just learned something new today. I had no idea that Yoplait was made in Canada and it has been since 1971. Yoplait is also a part of the General Mills family.
Yoplait is one of the yogurt options that I grab when I go grocery shopping because the kids yogurt options don’t contain any artificial flavours or sweeteners. As a family, we use Yoplait source as the base for our fruit smoothies because there is no sugar added and it contains 0% of fat while still packing a whole lot of taste.
The family of Yoplait products includes:
- Yoplait kids with MiniGo, Yop & Tubes: Contains no gelatin, no artificial flavours (with the exception of YOP Vanilla Tropix) and no artificial sweeteners. They have a source of Calcium and Vitamin D. My daughters enjoy the MiniGo and Tubes the most.
- Yoplait Source: Carry 30 different flavours and only 35 calories per serving. 0% fat and 0 sugar added.
- Yoplait Yoptimal: Contains 40% more fruit than other brands and 2 probiotics (BB-12® Bifidobacterium lactis and LA-5®Lactobacillus acidophilusR)
I wrote a bit about Yogurt in my last post for Life Made Delicious, but I feel the need to repeat my tip because it really works in our house. If you find your kids have grown tired of yogurt, spread a sheet of wax paper out on a cookie sheet and put little drops of yogurt on the paper. Freeze and serve it to your kids as a ‘frozen drop’. They’ll love it.
I have a giveaway from Yoplait for you as well. The team over at General Mills is giving away a Yoplait prize pack to one lucky This Bird’s Day reader (includes 4 free Yoplait coupons, a lunch bag, a Post-it, a journal, and a pen).
To enter: Just leave a comment below telling me what your favorite Yoplait flavour is in any of their products. Please leave a way of contacting you should your comment be chosen. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
- Share this post on Facebook (there is a ‘Share’ button at top and bottom of this post)
- Like Life Made Delicious on Facebook
- Like This Bird’s Day on Facebook
- Follow Life Made Delicious on Twitter
- Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter
- Post about this giveaway, linking to this post, on either your blog or in a forum and leave me the link. (note: you must be the original poster)
- Daily Entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to copy and paste this into your Twitter page:
Enter to win a @lifemadedelish Yoplait prize pack from @thisbirdsday at http://www.thisbirdsday.com/?p=5881 (CAD Only)
This contest is open to residents of Canada and runs until 12pm MST on Monday, October 15, 2012.
Disclosure – I am participating in the Life Made Delicious Ambassador Program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.