I have to tell you that I have been having a lot of fun making recipes up as I go. Everything always sounds so good in my head and in the end, some of them even turn out.
I often cook and bake by smell. I look and/or smell what I want to make, then I smell a bunch of oils and spices until I decide what will go together well. Much like this recipe today.
We had company over for dinner and I was asked for the recipe for this, which is usually a good sign that others like it too.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix avocado oil, garlic, paprika, and salt together.
- Add eggplant to bowl and coat evenly.
- Pace eggplant evenly on baking sheet, do not stack.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until browned nicely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- I used a Chinese eggplant because they were long and slender so the final dish looked like eggplant chips.