Yesterday Baby Bird and I took a walk around our yard. The snow is pretty much all gone now and it was nice to show her outside things for the first time. She loved the sun and the fresh air and got a kick out of touching the evergreen in our yard. She didn’t care much for the light wind that came up now and then.
I can’t wait to get outside and garden, some of my spring flowers have broken through and are starting to grow. I want to get out there so bad. I think when my parents are here next week I will see if I can get out and clear away all of the dead stuff and get my gardens ready. I miss my perennials. I’m such a garden geek…
I hope today’s post will be helpful to anyone just starting out or not too sure where to look for coupons. There are actually quite a few ways to find coupons in Canada. Here are some examples of where you can look to increase your coupon count:
- Online Coupon Sites: There are a couple of sites that will mail you out coupons. The main site that comes to mind for this is Save.ca. You choose the coupons you want and they print them out and send them to you.
- EBay: Ebay is a great place to find lots of coupons if you want to start a good colection of active coupons. Make sure they are accepted in Canada, the expiry has not passed and shipping is not a lot. Click HERE to start searching EBay for coupon lots. (I suggest you start by searching the words ‘Canadian Coupons’). You can also look in the left hand sidebar for active coupon auctions I recommend.
- Contact Manufacturer: If you like a certain product, or want to try a product out, just go to the manufacturer’s site, call them or write. Online, there is usually a ‘contact’ link where you can just send them an email and request either samples or coupons if any are available. Sometimes you get a yes, sometimes it’s no, but it never hurts to ask. (If it is a product you like a lot and you get a no, you may want to try back in a few months). If you like a manufacturers product, write them and tell them. Companies like hearing good things and respond well to compliments (who doesn’t?). Or if you have one concern or question, tell/ask. You may get something for your time.
- Newspaper Inserts: Throughout the year flyer inserts are included with your local newspaper. There are three of them that I know of and you can get some GREAT deals with these.
- Brandsaver is put out by Proctor & Gamble and is available through newspaper insert and online by clicking HERE. Smart Source and Shop & Save are only available as a flyer inserts in the newpapers.
- Smart Source should be in the newspaper on the following days: March 28, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 11, August 1, August 22, September 26, October 17, November 7 and December 5.
- Shop & Save should be in the paper on the following days: March 28, May 2, June 6, July 4, August 15, September 5, September 26, October 31, November 21.
I think I will add this to my ‘tips’ section at the top for quick reference. I hope you found something useful today. Have a good one. We have one more day before my parents are here… I should clean or something!