I don’t know about you, but this past week has been hot. It’s been so hot that I’m just going to start spelling it haaaaht!
With only one month left to go in the school year, I can feel my resolve as a parent slipping. Add to that this heat and I’m done. Actually, I was done some time in early May but don’t tell anyone okay?
These are the days we turn to salads. They’re healthy, light and, if you do it right, really quick to make on busy weekday nights.
Take for example one of our family favourites, a Greek Chicken Salad. I prepare the dressing and chicken strips ahead to save time on busy weeknights. So when our girls ask for the Janes Foods Pub Style Chicken Strips for dinner, I always make extra so I can use the leftovers in other meals.
- 3/4 cup Olive oil (I use extra virgin)
- 3/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic salt
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Romaine lettuce
- Janes Foods Pub Style Chicken Strips
- Red Pepper
- Bake the Janes Foods Pub Style Chicken Strips according to the directions on the package or use left overs. Slice into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- Chop the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and add in a bowl.
- Add chicken and crumble feta into the salad bowl.
- Top with 1/2 - 3/4 of the dressing to start and mix well, then serve.
I used to spend a lot of time in the grocery store. I’m a label-reader. Then after painstakingly stalking the food aisles, I settled on my go-to foods. These are foods that I spent time vetting so that I wouldn’t have to continue reading every label in the grocery store. Janes Foods Pub Style Chicken Strips falls into this category for me , and they taste great for all of us.
They are made with ingredients that I know, have no preservatives, zero trans fat, zero hydrogenated oils and no artificial flavours. And it’s just a delicious bonus that they are made in Canada.
Disclosure: Sponsored post. Opinions are my own.