Here is a quick and easy take on the delicious dessert that only uses four ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make. I was craving Bananas Foster all day and had the chance to make it for our dinner guest tonight. I made a little extra and seconds were requested.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 3 Bananas just ripe
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1) Melt butter in saucepan on stove.
- 2) Add brown sugar and mix over heat until brown sugar begins to dissolve and create a sauce
- 3) Add bananas to mix and stir together until coated and the bananas look like they are softening slightly (a couple of minutes)
- 4) Pour over ice cream in bowls and serve.
- You will want to use bananas that are still quite firm as they will soften on the stove. If they start off too soft, then they will be mush in the end.
- This recipe serves 4 - 5 people easily.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.