We decided to do something fun for breakfast this morning and have two smoothies in one because one is awesome, but two? Two is just epic.
Like most of my crazy recipe ideas, it was a lot of fun. Unlike most of my crazy recipe ideas, this one tasted amazing.
Not only that, but you can see in the picture here, and as my oldest pointed out, it kind of looks like a pink hard-boiled egg with a purple yolk. And it’s Easter.
Ingredients (you can adjust for more servings or based on what you like)
- 1 1/2 cups light coloured fruit yogurt (strawberry, peach, raspberry, etc) I used Yoplait Source Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Almond Milk
- 1 banana
- 5-6 Strawberries
- About 10 blackberries
- Put Yogurt, Almond Milk, banana and strawberries in a blender. Blend until well mixed and smooth.
- Poor in to cups until about 1/2 full, make sure you leave some of the smoothie mix in the blender.
- To the remaining smoothie mix, add in the blackberries and blend until smooth again. The mixture will turn a nice purple colour to contrast with what is in the cups.
- Pour steadily and slowly in to the center of the cup for the yolk look above, or if you want to create just a double toned smoothie like the one pictured on the right, you can use a spoon to gently add it to the top.
Just make sure that you use light coloured fruits and yogurt in the first batch, then for the darker batch, you can add fruits like blackberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.
This egg yolk look was actually an accident as I was just trying to add it on the top of the first mix, but it worked so as far as my girls know, I meant to do that and our Easter long weekend is off to an awesome start.
Happy Easter everyone!