Happy Monday everyone. I was craving Quinoa today and didn’t have everything I needed to make my go-to recipe, so with some (read ‘many’) substitutions, I came up with this new recipe. It is basically a whole new recipe, and it turned out, so it gets its own recipe page right here.
Cucumber Nut Quinoa with a Citrus Honey Dill Dressing
1 Cup Quinoa1/2 cup Toasted Pecans and Walnuts (use whatever nuts you have, I wanted a variety)
Cucumber Cubed (as needed, see below)
6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 tbsp Liquid Honey
1.5 tbsp each Grapefruit and Lemon (juice, squeeze from fruit, not store bought juice)
Dill to taste (amount dependent on how much you like dill)
- Prepare quinoa according to directions on package and let cool a bit.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast nuts in a convection oven, watch to make sure they don’t burn, then remove and set aside.
- Mix the vegetable oil, liquid honey, grapefruit/lemon juice, and dill together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dressing and nuts to quinoa and stir well.
- Plate quinoa, then add the cucumber. Enjoy.
Adding the cucumber to the quinoa when it is served gives the dish a fresh crunch. I also prefer not to add the cucumber in to the quinoa because if there are leftovers, the cucumber won’t be as fresh.