Happy Monday everyone. I was craving Quinoa today and didn’t have everything I needed to make my go-to recipe, so with some (read ‘many’) substitutions, I came up with this new recipe. It is basically a whole new recipe, and it turned out, so it gets its own recipe page right here.
Cucumber Nut Quinoa with a Citrus Honey Dill Dressing
1 Cup Quinoa1/2 cup Toasted Pecans and Walnuts (use whatever nuts you have, I wanted a variety)
Cucumber Cubed (as needed, see below)
6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 tbsp Liquid Honey
1.5 tbsp each Grapefruit and Lemon (juice, squeeze from fruit, not store bought juice)
Dill to taste (amount dependent on how much you like dill)
- Prepare quinoa according to directions on package and let cool a bit.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast nuts in a convection oven, watch to make sure they don’t burn, then remove and set aside.
- Mix the vegetable oil, liquid honey, grapefruit/lemon juice, and dill together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dressing and nuts to quinoa and stir well.
- Plate quinoa, then add the cucumber. Enjoy.
Adding the cucumber to the quinoa when it is served gives the dish a fresh crunch. I also prefer not to add the cucumber in to the quinoa because if there are leftovers, the cucumber won’t be as fresh.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.