This year I decided to take our family’s classic Peanut Butter & Butterscotch bars recipe a little further. It was a small change, and everyone has their own version of this bar recipe, so I thought I’d add my new recipe here because I can’t go back to the way they were before.
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 pkg butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pkg miniature marshmallows
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, butterscotch chips, and butter and melt in microwave until just melted (about 1 - 2 minutes), then mix together and set aside.
- Lightly rub butter inside your baking dish (to prevent mix from sticking).
- When mix has cooled a few minutes, add marshmallows (adding too soon will make marshmallows melt).
- Pour into dish and let set in the fridge for two hours before cutting into bars.
- See photo below for dish size. I filled two baking dishes with this mix.
Sheri publishes, and writes at This Bird’s Day where she shares all of the thoughts in her head without the voices. Sticking mainly with content for Canadians, Sheri shares family stories, product information and anything that fits into her (and her family’s) daily activities.