Being pregnant has definitely taken it’s toll on my skin. With the unbalanced hormones and all of the other crazy stuff going on in my body, its no wonder the signs of change have started to appear all over my face (not to mention everywhere else). My skin has gotten a little oilier and I have broken out more than I’m used to. And ironically enough, even though my face is breaking out more, it has actually become pretty dry.
I was excited to hear that I was included in the 30-day Proactiv Challenge and I am meeting the challenge with excitement. Not only do I get to participate, but you guys get a chance to win something too, read on for more information on that. With numerous celebrities (Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne) backing this product, I just new I wanted to try it out.
First things first though, the active ingredient in Proactiv, benzoyl peroxide (BPO), has been improved and allows for a deeper cleansing of pores to help clear blemishes, without causing irritation allowing the medications in the product to work more efficiently than before.
The three step program includes:
- Step 1: Renewing Cleanser: A unique oil-free formula, with exclusive micro-crystal pharmaceutical-grade benzoyl peroxide, that contains smooth, tiny beads to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and other impurities.
- Step 2: Revitalising Toner: A refreshing, alcohol-free toner with glycolic acid that helps balance skin tone and remove dead skin cells to reveal the vital, radiant skin beneath. Its special formulation to balance skin’s natural acids includes witch hazel to refine and purify pores and aloe and chamomile to soothe and soften.
- Step 3: Repairing Treatment: A light, oil-free lotion containing exclusive micro-crystal pharmaceutical-grade benzoyl peroxide. The Repairing Treatment penetrates deep into the pore to help heal blemishes and help prevent future breakouts. The advanced delivery system is safe for the entire face and any other blemish-prone areas.
I wanted to wait until my sinus infection had passed a little to begin using this product, so I am excited to say that I am starting my 30-day challenge today and I will be back again on January 10 to share my findings. I’m really hoping that this can bring some balance to my out of control hormones and the breakouts become less frequent.
To kick start my challenge, Proactiv has offered five (5) lucky This Bird’s Day readers a full sized, Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer valued at $33 CAD!
Leave a comment at the end of this post either sharing your experiences with Proactiv® Solution, or telling me why you’d like to try it. Include a way of getting a hold of you if you win. *You must do this for any additional entries to count.
After you have completed the first entry, you can enter an additional comment one time for each of the following:
* Follow This Bird’s Day on Networked Blogs.
* Follow This Bird’s Day on Twitter.
* Daily Entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Please include your twitter id in your comment. You can copy this phrase to save time
CAD only – Enter to win 1 of 5 full sized, Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizers on @ThisBirdsDay @ http://www.thisbirdsday.com/?p=2296 @MC_Canada
* Like This Bird’s Day on Facebook
* Become a follower of This Bird’s Day (in the right sidebar).
* Become a friend of This Bird’s Day on Facebook
This contest is open to Canadian residents only and runs until 12pm MST on Friday, December 17, 2010. * Please note, you can enter on multiple blogs but are only eligible to win once.
*I am participating in the New Proactiv Canada program hosted by Mom Central on behalf of Guthy-Renker. I received a 30-day trial kit and a gift card a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.